Saturday, February 21, 2009

Young Women's New Beginnings































I want to tell you about our ward's New Beginnings. I'm sure some of these ideas you could use in your own callings. It turned out to be a great night. Our theme was "Now is the Time". We decorated with all kinds of clocks and greenery. The new Beehives and move-ins got these cute little watches, with a tag that said "Take Time to be the Best You!" We had one of the Laurels speak on the new value Virtue. The Bishop gave a wonderful talk that went along with our theme, our Bishop is fabulouse!! The girls sang the song "The Best Year Ever" from the New Year program at the conference center. Some of the girls had solos in it. They all were so impressive! Sister Hawkes did and awesome job helping them get ready for it. It was just a really neat night in the chapel. We felt so good about how the night went.

All the girl went home with these frames and a starter kit for a time capsule. We figured they could be working on one of their value projects together through out this next year. It goes with Individual Worth to put together their family history using different things like journal entries, pictures, important papers, and what ever else they would like to include. We're going to have them sealed up in those big cans from the cannery after they display their things at evening in excellence.

For refreshments we had these cute spiral cookies of all the different value colors (I have this recipe too if any body wants it) and sherbet & Sprite

I really do love being in the Young Womens. These girls are so strong and teach me so much. I hope they're learning as much from me as I am from them. Thanks Girls!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Having been in attendance this night I can attest that it was a wonderful evening! Our girls are so lucky to have the leaders they have. I'm especially greatful that my beehive has YOU for a leader. You are great. We love you and Sister Povey for all you do and for your examples. I was going to call and tell you these things, now I have!

The Jones Family said...

what a darling way too cute idea!!! You have such a cute blog. It seems like you weren't pregnant very long ago and now she is 2!!!!how fast time flies!! she is a cutie! good to see you and hear from you! ainslie

Bateman said...

what an amazing person you are! I am so lucky to have you as a friend. You teach me so much and I admire you in so many ways. Those girls in your ward are lucky to have you in the YW. I love ya!