Tuesday, February 3, 2009

There's a monkey here who had a birthday!!












It's pretty hard for us to believe that our tiny baby is now 2. Time goes by way too fast. We had such a fun day. First I took her to Zurchers and got her a monkey balloon, which is a little bit scary, but she likes it. Then we went to hop 2 it with cousins and friends. Then following a three hour nap Brady and I took her to dinner at Arctic Circle where she could play on some more toys. ( I thought we might as well wear her out as best we could) That night we had such a fun party with Grandmas, Grandpas, cousins and friends. So our house was full of monkeys (literally). Thanks to Martha Stewart and my sister Anna, I was able to pull off a monkey cake! It even tasted decent (considering it came from a box). Alyvia starting saying "Happy to me, happy to me." I think she had a ball today, and I hope she knows how special she is to us.


I got a good idea from the family fun magazine (the greatest by the way) that I started doing just this January. You write a letter to each of your kids telling them what they've been up to, the funny things they do, how much they mean to you, etc. Then you could include a picture and whatever else you can neatly fit in an envelope, then you mail it to your kids. When it comes back in the mail you find a special place to keep them. Then on their 21st birthday you give them a box of sealed, postmarked letters from you for them to go through and read. I thought this was a pretty special idea, that would be very easy to do and would mean a lot to them later. Thought I would pass that idea along. http://www.familyfunmagazine.com/

6 comments:

Motormouth Macey said...

Cute cake and cute idea! Wow, happy birthday to Alyvia!! Someday I hope to meet this special girl. If she's anything like her mom she is really cool!
Miss you!

Bateman said...

Thanks so much for letting us come over! We had a good time and the cake was soo cute and even yummier.Alyvia is such a cute girl, we love her! We love you guys too! Thanks for being our friends.

Dena said...

Cute birthday cake! I can't believe she is two already. Amazing. What a fun idea about the letters. That would be a wonderful keepsake for your kids.

Workmans said...

It sounds like Alyvia couldn't have asked for a better day. I love that cake!! You did such a great job. I too think time has gone by way too fast. She is such a sweetie and I hope its not too long before we see you guys again.

Andrea said...

Awesome cake! She is one lucky girl. We can't wait to see her in a couple weeks! Apparently hop 2it is the greatest place ever if you get a 3 hour nap after. We gotta go there.

The Kotlacova Cowgirl said...

That is one amazing cake Amy, bravo! Your little girl is so cute, its crazy how fast they grow up!