Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Play Dough Anyone?!!




For all of you who would love another thing to keep kids occupied for some time. I have a playdough recipe for you. I make it all the time and it lasts so long if you keep it in the refrigerator. Here's Alyvia in her apron I made her for Christmas. She loves to wear it when she plays with playdough or helps me with dishes. It was so easy. My sister made me a larger version a couple of years ago for Christmas using dish towels. It's my favorite one and super cute. I just used washclothes for Alyvia's.

*Playdough
1 Cup Flour 1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Salt 1 TB Oil
2 tsp Cream of Tarter

Stir together in pan & cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mizture pulls away from side of pan. Remove from heat. Add food coloring. Knead onto wax paper.

For those of you whos kids will eat the playdough, here's an edible version.

*Peanut Butter Playdough
1 Cup Peanut Butter 1 Cup light Corn Syrup
1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar 1 Cup Powdered Milk (may need to add a little more)
Mix all together




4 comments:

Janelle said...

Amy, I am loving all your recent posts! It blows me away that Alyvia is 2! HOW does time go so fast (and why didn't it go that fast when we were in Pre-Calculus?!) :) Thank you for all the recipes and wonderful ideas! Eric and I would really love to do lunch with you gals again soon! Arctic Circle maybe? :) *xoxo*

Dena said...

What a cute little apron! I love it. I am going to have to make one for Kayla for this coming Christmas. Playdough is so much fun. An endless form on entertainment!

Brandon and Cassie said...

Amy! These pictures are adorable. Alyvia is getting so big! thanks for commenting on my blog. I added you guys on the blog; hope that's ok. Thanks for the update!!!

Workmans said...

That apron is adorable on her! I'm sure she is quite the helper in the kitchen. Your play doug recipes are so great. I'm so glad you gave me a hard copy since we left in a frenzy at Christmas and forgot the actual dough in the fridge!! Alyvia is a doll and I just want to squeeze her!!!