Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Latest Project!


I made these silhouettes the other day cause I owed my sister something cute. I did my sisters three kids in black & white, and Alyvia's to match her room. They were so fun and SUPER EASY! I found the frames @ (I hate to admit this) Micheal's for .99 cents. (Sorry Anna, I'm cheap). Then I just took pictures of each of the kids from the side. I had the pictures printed 4x6 (because my frames were small) and then just cut very carefully around them. Then I turned them over and spray painted them. How easy could that be. I've seen this idea before, where they hung each child's silhouette over their towel hook in the bathroom. I loved that idea. Maybe when we have a few more chillens that would be fun to do. I would love to do some more a little nicer, in a bigger frame with glass. But for now I love these, and love the way they turned out. These would be a neat keepsake to keep for your kids.

2 comments:

Brooks and Andrea said...

That's an awesome idea. They are so cute.

Janelle said...

Amy, I love those! They look wonderful! Cheap or not, the idea is priceless!
And speaking of Miss Alyvia, I have a brand-new shirt for her! Long story, but it's hers if you want it! :) It's size 4T and has pink, yellow, & blue stripes. It's super cute!