Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Alyvia's first braids!



The other day I was super surprised and excited to see Anne of Green Gables on PBS. Alyvia was so into it. It didn't take her long to notice Anne's braids. She kept asking "Momma?" While she patted her head and pointed to the TV. I asked her if she liked her hair. So I sat her down and braided her hair while we watched the show. I never had to tell her to hold still one time! There never was and "Oweee" come out of her mouth either! I was so impressed. It was so fun to braid my little girl's hair for the first time!

9 comments:

mickelsenfamily said...

So Cute! I love braids in little girls hair...it's so fun! I love the hoola dress too...she's so adorable!

Jason, Amanda, Brayden and Dillon said...

She is SO cute! I noticed her hair on church and loved it....the funny thing is that when I picked up Brayden from nursery last Sunday the nursery leader told me that her dad did her hair...I tried really hard but couldn't picture Brady doing that :) Apparently that's what she told the nursery leader though....she's so funny.

Sage Hanks said...

Very cute! I am jealous! I can't get Morg to hold still long enough to get 1 braid in. She is such a doll!

AmyJ said...

I am super impressed. I can't french braid.

The Kotlacova Cowgirl said...

Alyvia is sooo cute!! I still really want to know how to make that darling apron, maybe in the future you can post a "how to make an apron!!"

Dena said...

So totally cute! Little girls just belong in braids.

Kerry said...

I hope you did those braids-they are super, super cute..if you did it then we know it's not the last time!

I am having a girl..I didn't know until like 2 months ago that you and Anna were sisters..so talk about out of the loop!

Papa Bill said...

Yes, braids are cute...but oh man, she is going to be mad at you someday with that picture of her on the potty!! But you can use it when she is a teenager and you need to humble her...it will be great for a power point presentation in young womens!! Hope I'm there to see it. Thanks for being our wonderful little family.

rneweyfamily said...

I love it when you can finally start having fun with their hair.