Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Swimming Lessons!!


She's still smiling after wards. That's a good sign right?



Alyvia just started her first swimming lessons. She's alway been a little timid around water so I thought this would be a good start. She's really getting the hang of it and is doing really well. She's suprising me!! Today they jumped off the diving board! Cindy held her hand the whole time and that really helped her. We have five more classes left and I'm really excited to see how well she progresses.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

Way to go, Alyvia! Such a brave girl! (I could always have Gus teach her new ways to dive into a tub!) :) Where is this at?

Workmans said...

Her whole head under the water and everything!! Wow! Maybe she could teach Parker a few things or two about swimming. Great job girly!

Dena said...

How fun! I'm so glad that she is learning to enjoy the water. I can't keep Kayla away from the pool. Not necessarily a good thing since she can't swim yet...

mickelsenfamily said...

Wow that is great! I hope she continues enjoying them. Do you have to get in with her all the time where she is under 3? We took lessons last year and I had to be in the pool. I loved it but decided to pass on it this year until he's 3. Have fun!!! You going to be at the reunion on the 15th? I hope to see you there!

Shine said...

Hey Amy! I'm SHOCKED Alyvia will let her head go under water! Andy will throw fits if I even pour water over his head. :) What a cute girl though! Oh! I need your email address so I can send an invite to our blog....

Brandon and Cassie said...

I heard stories about this little swimmer! I heard that she's terrific and such an obedient girl! She is just so cute!