Monday, May 11, 2009

A very good Mother's Day!

I don't know about all of you but Mother's Day is kind of an emotional day for me since I've had Alyvia. (Silly I know) Mother's Day this year was no exception. I just get so overwhelmed at how much my mom means to me as well as the other mom's in my life. My mom is strong in so many ways. She's pretty much the glue!! I know that this mother's day was quit different for her. This was the first one with out her own mom. I know that she was thinking a lot about her yesterday. I was too mom! And like you I miss her like crazy! I know she's very proud of the kind of mothers her daughters have become. I hope I can be one like that too! We did get a really fun treat yesterday as well. My brother on his mission got to call home. I hope my mom feels like she got to talk to him enough because we kinda hogged the phone. He's really enjoying Peru and all the fun things that come with it. That was his last phone visit until he comes home. HURRAY!! Some days I just miss him like crazy. It's kinda funny how you can get so much closer to someone even though he's so far away. Well here's to a great Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

Bateman said...

Amy thanks so much for coming over today! It totally made my day special. You are such a great friend and a really good momma. I am super emotional on Mother's Day too now that I am a mom. You are not alone. I love your guts!