Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oh Boy!! Birthday Surprises!!

Alyvia had a fun little birthday this year. We had a little family party the Sunday before, and spent Tuesday evening at the Kimberly Arctic Circle with some cousins that weren't able to come Sunday! She really got spoiled with some cute suprises!! I was given a few cake decorating tools for Christmas so I was excited to get to practice a little. Her cake was very simple, and fun to put together! The day after her birthday Alyvia was suprised to find out she's getting a baby brother!! She immediatly told me, "Mom I told you we're getting a girl baby!" I wasn't sure what to think. Thankfully my sister is having a little boy in just a few weeks so she's excited now that she's getting a boy baby just like Kenadee, Halle, and Carson are getting a boy baby. We're very excited and hope everything goes smoothly. Happy Birthday to my sweetest 3 year old.




9 comments:

Jamie Hyatt said...

Your cake turned out super cute. Congrats on the baby boy. How fun to have one of each! It is so fun to know what little spirit is coming your way, it just seems to feel more real I think.

Brooks and Andrea said...

Congrats!! Paisley loves to help with her little brother and I bet Alyvia will be the same way. Little girls love to mother.

mickelsenfamily said...

Happy Birthday Alyvia! Congrats to you all on a baby boy. How exciting!!!

Photography by Cassie said...

Oh my goodness, that cake is adorable! Are the butterflies edible? Great job, Amy. And Happy Belated Birthday Alyvia!

Tanille said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm soo excited for you!!
Alyvia's cake is Adorable!!! Glad she had a good b-day!!

Sage Hanks said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'll admit... i asked your sister the other day cause I haven't seen you in awhile> Brings a big huge smile to my face. it is sooooo much fun! Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl! Hope all is well! Love ya!

Dena said...

May I just say that your cake decorating skills are AMAZING! What a pretty cake! Alyvia is so darling! She is going to love having a baby brother.

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday! Where does the time go?! My goodness! And Amy, I am so excited for you to experience a little boy. They melt your heart in a whole different way. -xoxo-

Bateman said...

what an adorable little princess! The cake tasted as good as it looked by the way. I am excited for the little boy too! Now we have someone for Aydree. Love you